Butt Fact: The glutes are actually part of your core muscles.
Deadlifts are a staple of body builders, weight lifters, and fitness enthusiasts everywhere. It is considered one of the best ways to build the glutes, hamstrings, and back muscles. Not everyone has access to a weight bar and plates, so try this version with dumbbells.
- Stand straight and hold a pair of dumbbells in front of you with palms facing the body.
- Slightly bend your knees and hinge forward at your hips, keeping your back from rounding.
- Keeping your arms straight, lower the dumbbells. If you have good mobility and flexibility, you may be able to reach the dumbbells to the floor. If not, lower them as far as you can.
- Brace your core and lift back to the starting position.
- Repeat for 15 to 20 reps.
When using weights for glute and posterior chain exercises, start light until your form is perfect. Only add more weight as you get accustomed to the exercise to avoid injury.