Butt Fact: Weak glutes can contribute to poor posture.
- Begin on hands and knees with your knees hip-width apart and your shoulders directly over your wrists.
- Extend your left leg straight behind you and slightly to the left side.
- Keeping your core tight and leg straight, slowly lower your leg to tap the floor with your toes.
- Squeeze your glutes as you lift your leg back to starting position, then slowly arc your left leg over the right and tap the floor about a foot to the right.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat for 15 to 20 reps and switch legs.
Many glute exercises are done slowly with an emphasis on squeezing and activating the hip and core muscles. Time under tension is important in strengthening this important muscle group.